We will contact you shortly.
Treatment of type 2 diabetes
The use of cell therapy will help increase tissue sensitivity to insulin and reduce the use of insulin-containing drugs.
About 67% of patients have a positive response to the treatment that improves the course of the disease, reduces insulin doses, or even seizes the need for insulin-containing drugs.
Roman Sulik, MD, coordinator of cell therapy programs, neurologist of the highest qualification category
Chronic diseases are the most dangerous due to their constant and long-term effects. This is what provokes the development of complications.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes are not always easy to notice. Meanwhile, chronically elevated sugar will affect the organs and worsen the general condition of the body.
The disease can have almost no effect on the quality of life with proper and careful monitoring.
But in the case of prolonged decompensation threatens complex consequences.
Unfortunately, diabetes cant be completely cured. The main goal of treatment of type 2 diabetes is to increase the sensitivity of peripheral tissues to insulin and improve its secretion. This can reduce the risk of comorbidities, reduce the dosage of drugs or eliminate them at all.
We offer stem cell diabetes treatment to improve the course of the disease and prevent complications such as:
● diabetic foot;
● diabetic erectile dysfunction, etc.
Cell therapy can help to significantly improve the quality of life and regain activity and self-confidence.
The first results of treatment can be observed within the first two weeks. These effects are due to the endocrine action of cells. The latter secrete signaling molecules and proteins to which the immune system responds and begins to rebuild.
Regenerative effects and more lasting results appear and consolidate on average three months after therapy.
Indications for the treatment of diabetes with stem cells
This treatment is indicated for patients over 18 y.o. with confirmed type 2 diabetes mellitus, regardless of its stage and complications.
● cancer, or the history of it in the last 5 years;● pregnancy;● mental disorders and psychological instability;● alcohol and drug addiction.
Which stem cell types are used?
Depending on the specificity of the disease, the doctor may suggest the use of different cell types. This will be affected by the extent and profile of diabetes complications.
1. Mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissue (MSC of adipose tissue) — the basic type of cells in the treatment of diabetes. Contribute to increased tissue sensitivity to insulin and, consequently, reduce the dose of insulin-containing drugs. The paracrine effect of these cells has a positive impact on the course of the disease and slows its progress. Improves microcirculation and metabolic processes in tissues reduce the manifestations of diabetic complications.
2. Neural crest-deriver mesenchymal stem cells improve reinnervation, regulation of internal organs, and autonomic nervous system. This is all a necessary part of therapy for diabetes. Violation of these important processes leads to severe complications.
3. Multipotent mesenchymal umbilical cord stem cells (umbilical cord MSCs) have a high proliferation potential, stable doubling time over several passages, a high frequency of colony-forming cells, a wide potential for differentiation, and low immunogenicity. Umbilical cord MSCs have been shown to reduce tissue resistance to insulin, which is correlated with the anti-inflammatory activity of these cells.
The types of therapies presented in the complex can positively affect the course of diabetes, reduce the dosage of drugs, reduce the risk of complications, and restore the damaged functions of organs and tissues.
1. Consultation with a manager
Contact our managers. At this step, we gather your medical information and confirm the diagnosis. After that, we'll arrange a free online or offline consultation with a doctor.
2. Consultation with a doctor
A personal consultation with a doctor is an opportunity for you to find out all details of the program and get an individual prognosis. All the medical information you provide will be carefully reviewed so that you get the most effective treatment. The procedures take place in our clinical institutions in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The course of the treatment is developed individually and lasts from 1 to 7 days.
During the checkup, the doctor assesses your readiness for cell therapy. If the assessment is positive, biological materials are taken. Depending on your doctor's recommendations, you may be prescribed your own* or donor stem cells.
* If you are prescribed the treatment with your own cells, you will have an ear punch biopsy performed under local anesthesia in an operating room. The procedure lasts for 15 minutes. The punch depth is up to 4 mm, and the diameter is up to 3 mm.
4. Preparation of the stem cell product
After the biomaterials are collected, our team of biotechnologists will prepare a therapeutic dose of stem cells. In our laboratory, we will select stem cells from your sample, grow the required number of cells, test them, then create a stem cell product for your treatment. Usually, the production takes up to 21 days.
According to the doctor's prescription, the biotechnologist will select a ready-made and pre-tested sample of donor cells from our cryobank in the required quantity. In this case, cell injection can happen immediately after diagnosis and drug preparation.
5. Start of treatment
The first visit to the clinic to confirm the diagnosis includes analyses, and diagnostics (ultrasound of the thyroid gland, ultrasound of the pelvic organs, ultrasound of the abdominal cavity, ECG, diagnosis of the affected target organs).
6. Pharmacological therapy
Based on the diagnostic results, your doctor will prescribe metabolic therapy to improve the functioning of the affected tissues. The doctor will also prepare you for cell therapy with the help of intravenous infusion, intramuscular injections, and correction of sugar levels (in case of severe disorders).
7. Injection of the cellular product, the regeneration phase
The injection of the cellular product is most often performed with intravenous administration. Perilymphatic administration, which provides stabilization for a longer period of action of the cellular material, is offered, too. Additionally, the administration to the affected organs takes place.
The doctor will choose the method of administration of the cellular drug specifically for you. The number of injections will depend on the degree of disease progress — usually from 2 to 5 injections, on average 3.
Depending on the doctor's recommendations and the patient's condition, re-administration may be prescribed. If the patient has stabilized and is compensated for the next few years, there is no need for an additional injection. Still, for those who return decompensated, the cell drug's re-injections are prescribed regularly, depending on the situation.
8. Medical report and reducing of the basic treatment
You will be provided with a medical report that states the diagnosis, the results of the diagnostic (clinical, laboratory, and instrumental), the treatment process, and further recommendations. The doctor will examine you, select the necessary treatment, or adjust the one prescribed to you at the time of arrival at the clinic.
9. Keeping in touch
Throughout the program, you will have a personal manager who will ensure the best communication between you and the clinic. After treatment, our patients are advised to maintain contact with us. We'll ask you to fill out a questionnaire in 3 and 6 months after the treatment to evaluate the progress and answer all questions.