We will contact you shortly.
Body recovery after coronavirus
COVID-19 exhausts the body. The lungs and the immune system are affected after the disease. Stem cells accelerate tissue regeneration and help restore strength.
Many people lose their ability to work after COVID-19. Constant fatigue and exhaustion is a real threat to your health. In this case, you should see a doctor.
Roman Sulik, MD, coordinator of cell therapy programs, neurologist of the highest qualification category
Temporary disability, general exhaustion, structural changes in lung tissue, nervous system damage — this is a non-exhaustive list of all complications after COVID-19.In the absence of the body's potential for rapid regeneration, the consequences for the patient's health may remain for life. Scientists from around the world are working to find effective methods of treatment and recovery after infection.Cell therapy is one of the methods that has proven its effectiveness in COVID-19.
The use of mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissue or umbilical cord helps the body restore the immune system's cells and regenerate the affected lung tissue. Cellular therapy using mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissue (MSCs of adipose tissue) promotes tissue regeneration and better functioning of internal organs and systems, thereby restoring beauty, strength, and energy.And the use of stem cells derived from the neural crest (NCSC from the hair follicle) fights the effects of damage to the nervous system.
For whom is cell therapy?
This treatment is indicated for patients who had moderate to severe coronavirus disease.
● oncological diseases or their presence in the anamnesis for the last five years;● pregnancy;● psychiatric disorders;● alcohol and drug addiction.
How does cell therapy affect the body?
The use of mesenchymal stem cells has a positive effect on the condition of patients with COVID-19 and helps them to recover faster. Properties of MSCs that ensure their effectiveness in recovery after infection:
● Immunomodulatory propertiesMSCs are able to suppress an over-activated immune system, which is necessary in severe and critically severe cases of coronavirus infection when acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) due to uncontrolled secretion of inflammatory cytokines develops;
● Anti-apoptotic propertiesMSCs are able to protect the epithelial cells of the lungs and other organs from death (apoptosis), as they secrete a number of growth factors. MSCs produce keratinocyte growth factor (KGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and TGF-β1, etc., which protect the cells of the alveolar epithelium of the lungs from death. The protective effect of MSCs has also been shown in cardiac ischemia and nervous disorders;
● MSC regeneration potentialRespiratory diseases require not only the elimination of the virus, but also the restoration of damaged tissues. MSCs secrete soluble factors which can promote epithelial and endothelial regeneration, increase the alveolar clitoris, regulate the permeability of the epithelium and endothelium of the lungs and reduce inflammation in patients with affected lungs. Keratinocyte growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor secreted by MSCs have shown beneficial effects on emphysema and pulmonary fibrosis in the acute lung injury (ALI) model.
1. Elderly patients or patients with chronic diseases (diabetes, asthma, cardiovascular diseases) with suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Preventive use of MSCs when SARS-CoV-2 infection is suspected. In such patients, the regenerative potential of the body is significantly reduced, and the immune system is weakened, so in case of infection, complications may occur in the form of acute respiratory distress syndrome, pulmonary fibrosis, and multiple damages to organs and tissues. Therefore, the use of MSCs as a preventive therapy will help activate the body's internal potential to fight infection.
2. Patients in serious and critical condition.
4. Patients with the so-called long COVID-19.
Patients who have overcome a coronavirus infection but have complex post-infectious symptoms. Postcovid syndrome is characterized by such persistent symptoms as:
● shortness of breath;
● intermittent heartbeat;
● gastrointestinal problems;
● pain in muscles and joints.
Some patients develop irreversible cardiovascular and respiratory diseases. Between 60% and 80% of patients with COVID-19 experience symptoms of varying severity. Therefore, it is essential to pay attention not only to the treatment of COVID-19 but also to the rehabilitation after the illness.
The most common lung problem after a coronavirus infection, which can be fatal, is pulmonary fibrosis, i.e., the sites of lung damage do not regenerate, epithelial cells do not regenerate but overgrow with connective tissue. Thus, the lungs are unable to provide 100% oxygen to the body. There have been several cases where patients who have relapsed with COVID-19 have undergone lung transplantation, with pulmonary fibrosis being severe.
1. Online consultation
Contact our managers. At this step, we gather your medical information and confirm the diagnosis. After that, we'll arrange a free online or offline consultation with a doctor.
2. Consultation with a doctor
A personal consultation with a doctor is an excellent opportunity for you to find out all details of the program and get an individual prognosis. All the medical information you provide will be carefully reviewed so that you get the most effective treatment. The procedures take place in our clinical institutions in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The course of the treatment is developed individually and lasts between 1 and 7 days.
During the checkup, the doctor assesses your readiness for cell therapy. If the assessment is positive, biological materials are taken. Depending on your doctor's recommendations, you may be prescribed your own* or donor stem cells.
* If you are prescribed the treatment with your own cells, you will have an ear punch biopsy performed under anesthesia in an operating room. The procedure lasts for 15 minutes. The punch depth is up to 4 mm, and the diameter is up to 3 mm.
4. Preparation of the stem cell product
OWN CELLSAfter the biomaterials are collected, our team of biotechnologists will prepare a therapeutic dose of stem cells. In our laboratory, we will select stem cells from your sample, grow the required number of cells, test them, then create a stem cell product for your treatment. Usually, the production takes up to 21 days.
DONOR CELLSAccording to the doctor's prescription, the biotechnologist will select a ready-made and pre-tested sample of donor cells from our cryobank in the required quantity. In this case, cell injection can happen immediately after diagnosis and drug preparation.
5. Start of treatment
Any course of treatment has to include preliminary diagnosis, analysis, and examination (ultrasound of the thyroid gland, ultrasound of the pelvis, abdominal ultrasound, ECG, diagnosis of affected target organs, and all the tests and screenings prescribed to you).
6. Medical preparation
Based on the diagnostic results, the doctor will prescribe metabolic therapy to improve the functioning of the affected tissues, also will prepare you for cell therapy.
7. Injection of the cellular product, the regeneration phase
Intravenous injection is usually prescribed. The number of injections will depend on the degree of morbidity: usually from 1 to 3 injections.
8. Medical report
At the end of the course, you will be provided with a medical report, including the diagnosis, the results of the diagnostic (clinical, laboratory, and instrumental), course of treatment, and recommendations. Your doctor will examine you, perform an analysis, and provide recommendations for maintaining and improving your condition. Your personal manager will stay in touch with you to monitor the implementation of the doctor's advice, record the positive dynamics, and coordinate your recovery.